Today, a customer wanted to make a batch of ABS keychain cards. He wanted to know what the shell material of the ABS keychain card was made of, in order to answer the same questions as this customer. Let me introduce the shell material of the ABS key chain card.
In fact, the ABS key chain card shell material is ABS resin material. Maybe you'll ask what ABS is? In fact, ABS resin is the terpolymer of acrylonitrile, butadiene and styrene. Its structure can be divided into two categories: grafted copolymers with elastomer as main chain and graft copolymers with hard as copolymers. By adjusting the content of rubber in ABS resin, several materials such as high impact type, medium impact type, general purpose type and special heat resistant type can be prepared.
Let's take a look at the advantages and properties of the three copolymers in the ABS resin:
1. Acrylonitrile gives ABS material heat resistance, oil resistance, rigidity and chemical resistance.
2. butadiene makes ABS material have good impact resistance, toughness, cold resistance and energy electroplating.
3. Styrene makes ABS material keep good processability, surface gloss and dielectric property.
ABS resin is an amorphous, translucent, non-toxic, tasteless, yellowish thermoplastic resin. It has the following characteristics:
1. usually above 160 degrees Celsius can be shaped, more than 270 degrees Celsius before the beginning of decomposition. Its density is 1.04-1.06g/ square centimeter, fluidity is medium.
2. ABS raw materials are easy to absorb moisture, need to be fully dried before molding, moisture content is controlled below 0.1%.
3. The mechanical and thermal properties are good, the hardness is high, and the surface is easy to be plated with metal.
4. fatigue resistance, stress cracking resistance and high impact strength.
5. Acid and alkali resistance and other chemical corrosion.
6. low price, easy to process
7. the double bond in butadiene is easy to be degraded by oxidation under the action of ultraviolet ray, so the weather resistance is poor. The heat resistance is not ideal and the temperature is -40-100 degrees Celsius.